Log in

Association of Administrative Professionals NZ Inc

How many hours do I have to be working in an administration role?

To be certificated you must have been working as a business administrator in a paid or voluntary role at least three years prior to applying for certification and have worked not less than a total of 1200 hours - (400 hrs per year).

What is "formal learning"?

Formal learning recognises achievement rather than just attendance. It is learning which is assessed and leads to the award of a recognised qualification. Formal learning will be in a programme eligible for listing on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.

Does the qualification at Level 5 (or Level 4 for provisional certification) have to be in business administration?

Currently the formal learning requirements of certification does not need to be specifically in business administration.

What is CPD?

CPD or Continuing Professional Development is the "informal learning" that you do. This includes attendance at training seminars, workshops, conferences etc. NB: Informal learning can be training opportunities as provided by AdmiNZ and from 2016 all AdmiNZ professional development opportunities will attract a number of points which can be used to provide the appropriate number for both applying for Certification and for renewal.

How many hours of CPD does 125 points equate to?

Each hour of informal learning in the administrative field equals 5 points for Certification (and renewal of Certification).

Check out this table for more specific examples of how points are allocated.

What evidence do I need for attending AdmiNZ events?

With events now being managed via the AdmiNZ membership management system Wild Apricot, you no longer have to provide certificates of attendance for AdmiNZ events.  Just list the AdmiNZ events you have attended.

Here is a short clip to show you how to do that.

PO Box 5431

Lambton Quay

Wellington 6145


All prices quoted include GST (15%) and Admin Fee (3%)